link to Home Page

Re: I Spoke to Nancy Online and all I got was this Lousy T-Shirt!

Stig Bull <stig.bull@no.spam.cds.no> wrote in message news:<9vk7l0$oam$1@oslo-nntp.eunet.no>...
> I went to the Zebratalk channel on IRC Saturday to see what was up. It was
> actually quite amusing, I asked why "they" so obviously flunked in
> astronomy and physics and wham, the channel got moderated and I (as the
> only one), was not allowed to speak. So, either "they" were extremely
> cranky (perhaps it was that time of the month?), or critical questions were
> not tolerated.
>
> Anyway, Nancy thought I was a Michael Cunningham (why didn't the almighty
> Zebras foresee who I was?) after I asked the question.
>
> The interesting part, however, was when I talked to other people in there
> on a private chat. I had the impression they were a bunch of single-minded
> disiples who believed any single word she said. That was not the case, the
> people I spoke to, were what-if'ers, not die-hard believers.
>
> Still, an amusing evening as Nancy even asks the Zebras questions herself -
> and then in the next moment answers her own questions.

And... this is "amusing", why? Is it because you can't figure out any
other explanation for what is happening than that she is *faking* the
second personality? Try again. That is NOT what is happening there,
although that explanation may make for nice, light entertainment for
you. Regardless of what anyone thinks of the content of the Z-speak,
it is clearly NOT Nancy talking.
Sorry if this upsets your "scientific" paradigm, but you might think
more broadly about this phenomenon unless all you desire is an easy
joke.